5 Healthy Media Habits to Teach our Children!
1. Set limits on the amount of time as well as the apps and videos your child is watching.
2. Check ratings and make sure all apps and videos are age-appropriate.
3. Turn off all screens at least an hour before bed! And create "tech-free" zones, like mealtimes.
4. Ask questions about kids' favorite games, shows, and characters. Discuss ideas and issues they read about or learn about through TV and video games.
5. Walk the walk--Be a good role model for your child!
See https://www.commonsensemedia.org/blog/new-healthy-media-habits-for-young-kids for more information on this important topic!
Other Websites that may Help:
1. https://www.commonsensemedia.org Suggestions for free educational apps with reviews, simple tips for media habits for young kids, and parental control ideas.
2. http://www.netsmartz.org/ Ways to discuss technology use with your child.
3. https://www.commonsensemedia.org/screen-time/what-are-some-good-websites-that-are-safe-for-my-kid-to-explore A short article on some great, recommended websites!